FILL-RITE™ Foam Backer Rod Closed Cell 6 Foot by 5 Inch Diameter 15 piece carton
6-Foot FILL-RITE™ Closed Cell Backer Rods
Stock up with a box of 15 white closed cell backer rods from FILL-RITE™! They measure five inches in diameter and are each six feet long with non-stick skin.
High moisture environments
Ground based expansion joints
General purpose sealant backing
Use together with self-leveling sealant
Around perimeters of door and window frames,
Coping and glazing joints
Log home chinking
These white backer rods are made of firm, resilient, polyethylene extruded closed celled foam with a water-resistant outer skin.
Provides controlled depth for sealants.
Compresses up 25% in very large size.
Does not stick to sealants. Exceeds ASTM standards for bond breaker materials. No bond breaker is required.
Very high moisture resistance. Will not absorb ground water.
Compatible with all know types of sealants including butyl, polyurethane, silicones, tri-polyimer, polysulfide, acrylic, etc.
CARTON PACKING: 15 pieces/carton, 36 lbs, 24x19x76 inch size).
SIZING BACKER-ROD: Select a backer-rod diameter that is approximately 25% larger than the width of the joint for very large sizes. Large size do not compress as easily.
APPLYING CLOSED CELL BACKER ROD:
1. Joint fillers have three major functions: Controls depth of the sealant in proper relation to joint width; Provides backing against which the sealant is applied, forcing the sealant to the sides of the joint; Prevents 3-sided bonding, ensuring proper function of sealant.
2. To install, compress backer-rod into the joint before sealants are applied. Joint or opening should be clean and dry and free of obstructions. Install backer-rod using a blunt probe or a plain faced roller to force the rod to the desired depth.
3. Compress to a depth of about 1/2 of the width measured at the crown of the backer rod.
4. A template or roller gauge may be used to control the depth at which the rod is placed.
5. Don't stretch, puncture or tear backer-rod during installation but gently force into the joint so that the backer-rod fits tight against the sides of the joint.
1. Follow suggestions for joint-sealant application as directed by sealant manufacturer.
2. Where priming of the joint is necessary, primer
should be applied only to the joint surfaces and
allowed to dry before Backer-Rod is placed. DO
NOT prime Backer-Rod