A foam pool noodle is the Swiss Army knife of crafting. The ways to use a pool noodle for crafting and practical purposes seem endless. Transforming pool noodles into DIY projects can be very fun and productive in your craft room. There are many different ways to craft with the pool noodle, and these are just a few of them.
Pool Noodle Lollipops
These can be an excellent idea for a holiday craft, and who doesn't love that. This craft requires a little more than one step, but the results are fantastic. You'll need two pool noodles, colored duct tape for the candy swirl, a broom, shrink plastic bags, a decorative wrapping bow, hot glue, and thin bamboo skewers.
- Hot glue two pool noodles together end to end to make one long noodle.
- Use colored duct tape and wrap it around the noodles to resemble the candy swirl on a lollipop.
- Coil the pool noodle in a circle like a lollipop, hot gluing as you go to hold the ring in place. You can use a bamboo skewer to add more stability to the shape as you progress.
- Take a broom handle and twist it through the coiled noodle to create the lollipop stick.
- Put the plastic basket around it.
- Tie a bow around the lollipop stick.
- Use a blow dryer to shrink the plastic around the circle.
Pool Noodle Wreath Base
You'll need a full-sized pool noodle, duct tape, and a serrated knife a base for wreaths. A black foam noodle actually works well for this project, as it won't clash with any other colors on the wreath.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the pool noodle in half down the center. It is okay if it is a little thicker or thinner in some places.
- Cut small triangular notches along the edge of one half of the noodle. Space these notches about five to six inches apart down the length of the noodle. The gaps will help relieve tension and allow you to make a curved shape.
- Bend each notched triangle in on itself and secure it with duct tape. Work your way down the length of the noodle, taping the notches. Be sure to use a liberal amount of tape, as the gaps have a tendency to pull apart. Finally, secure the ends with several stretches of duct tape. You should have a perfectly circular shape upon which to build a wreath.
See what ideas you can conjure from the hundreds of examples available online. FoamNoodle.com can meet all your pool noodle needs. We sell pool noodles individually or in bulk. Buy from the most popular foam noodle store and get fast, free shipping, with most orders shipping the same day. Contact us with any questions!